Distance from Segonzano: about 5 km along provincial road no. 101 (transversal Valle di Cembra) or 4 km along the Castello-Cantilaga-Corvaia road on foot (comfortable footwear). This characteristic Cembran village is situated in an elongated form along the slopes of Mount Avvoltoio (1228 m). An active centre with a mild climate, dedicated to the cultivation of vines and with a flourishing artisan activity. The Church of Sts. Philip and James is beautiful. The present building (1853) is the result of restoration work. It is worth remembering the fire that destroyed it at the hands of the French in 1796. The first building was located where the rectory stands next to the present church. Continuing along the main road, in the direction of Cavalese, there is the junction for ‘Ponciach’ (km 3.5-m 1020), a beautiful hollow of meadows hemmed in by woods (Agritur).
From Ponciach, near the crucifix, climb up to Mount Castion (1528 m). Vast panorama of the Cembra Valley. The watershed between the Cembran mountains and the Adige Valley is rich in wetlands, marshes and swamps, the remains of ancient lake basins. The famous ‘Europa 5’ trail passes here, which leads from Lake Constance in Germany to Venice, with an evocative route through the Alps and the Cembra Valley. (Ask for information at the hotel).