Itinerario "Strada del Vino: da Trento a Bolzano"
Total length: 250 km
An itinerary for those, who are looking for the taste of good cuisine. The trip follows the Wine Road along the Val d’Adige, with its many twists and turns surrounded by gorgeous vineyards and picturesque villages. On the chestnut road in Eisacktal/Val d’Isarco culture and cuisine are bound together.
Schematic itinerary description:
- Departure from Trento. Direction main road 12 to Brennero.
- In Lavis take the main road 612 direction Val di Cembra. Turn onto Faedo until San Michele all’Adige.
- Along the main road 43 to Mezzolombardo, follow the instructions to reach the highway. Leave the main road 43 and turn over with direction Castel Thun.
- Back onto the main road 43 to Mezzocorona.
- In Mezzocorona drive back onto the main road 43 and then take the main road 12 to Bolzano, with direction: Salurn/Salorno sulla strada del vino.
- Along la strada del vino, drive through the villages of Kurtinig/Cortina, Margreid/Magrè, Kurtatsch/Cortaccia, Tramin/Termeno Kaltern/Caldaro.
- In Kaltern/Caldaro aim for Passo Mendola/Mendelpass.
- Once in Val di Non, drive downwards to Fondo.
- Drive past Castelfondo, Proves/Proveis and Lauregno/Laurein.
- Along the new access road from Val di Non to Ultental/Val d’Ultimo, drive to St. Pankraz/San Pancrazio.
- Drive through Lana, Marling, Brauerei Forst, Algund and to Merano.
- In Merano, drive through Riffian-St Martin until St. Leonhard-Moos in Passeier/ San Leonardo in Passiria, Passo del Giovo.
- Reach Vipiteno/Sterzing and follow the direction to Campo di Trens, Mules, Fortezza, Bressanone/Brixen
- From Bressanone drive to Chiusa/Klausen and up to Velturno/Felthurns
- Back to Chiusa/Klausen and direction Ponte Gardena/Waidbruck
- From Ponte Gardena/Weidbruck, drive to Barbiano/Barbian towards Renon Collalbo
- From Collalbo final destination: Bolzano